10 tips to be productive while working from home
During these challenging times we are advised to stay indoors as much as possible and that’s why people who are able to work from home are asked to do so. If you’re one of those people, this could be an interesting read. After all, how can you keep your focus if you’re working from home? How can you make sure that you don’t lose yourself in the distractions of home and spend your day binge-watching your favourite TV show or cuddling up with your cat on the sofa? These 10 tips will help you stay focused and productive while working from home.
- Replicate your normal routine, wear your favourite outfit and put on some make-up. This will instantly lift your mood. Stay fabulous, darling!
- Make sure that your workspace at home is cosy, comfy and bright (natural light has a positive impact on your productivity and wellbeing), that you have a decent computer, mouse, keyboard, etc. and a comfortable chair!
- Plan your day. Start the day by prioritizing your to-do list and by doing those things that require the most focus first. Ticking these things off your list will give you a sense of accomplishment!
- Working from home has its perks; you get to pick the music. Use Spotify or YouTube to create a playlist of all your favourite songs. This will help you rock your work day.
- Make the most of your lunch break and whatever you do, don’t skip your meal. Gather some delicious recipes (like this recipe for eggs benedict) and try out a different lunch dish every day. Enjoy!
- Spending some extra quality time with your beloved cat (or dog ;-)) also needs to be part of your day if you’re working from home. Take short ‘cuddle breaks’ (a perfect way to ease stress) and keep your pet close by creating a special spot for your furry friend next to your workspace. And if you’re lucky this might stop your cat from sitting on your keyboard lol.
- Missing your co-workers? Keep the team spirit alive! Keep in touch via a WhatsApp group chat, make sure you give each other compliments and remember that not spending time together at the office simply means that office jokes now become working-from-home jokes. Keep sharing those laughs.
- Drink wine. Lots of wine, because you need to stay hydrated. 😉 I’m only kidding of course, but having the occasional glass of wine does help to make things a little better. And it also gets your creative juices flowing, right?
- Take a short break by doing a little chore or some exercise, this will help you clear your head. Go for a short walk (even better if the sun is out), do the dishes or dance (and sing) along to your favourite song. You will feel refreshed and ready to take on the world. 🙂
- Once your working day is done, why not reward yourself with a delicious meal or some of your favourite chocolate? Put your work stuff away or at least make sure it’s out of sight. This will help you unwind, so you can recharge your batteries and wake up ready for another productive day!