Fashion Emergency – Stay (Fabulous) At Home!
While health care professionals and all the other people who work in essential services go out and do a great job for all of us, many others are advised to stay at home as much as possible. At first you might think: ‘’Staying at home… and loving it. Why not make every day a pyjama day?!” (It’s me!) But even though we live in strange times, you can still try to make every day a party and look fabulous in the process. We all know that saying: ‘’Look good, feel good.’’ Believe me, after trying the pyjama experiment I know how true that statement is. ;-). After saying goodbye to my PJs and hello again to some of my favourite outfits, I feel like myself again and I start every day feeling upbeat and ready for what the day has in store.
Using this 5-step emergency plan will add my ‘fabulous’ to your ‘stay at home’.
Emergency plan: what to wear in quarantine?
1. Keep calm, take a deep breath and read this article. This fashion fairy got your back! I always do ;-).
2. Set the alarm clock and get up at your regular time. Once you’re up it’s time to get out of your pyjamas and into the shower. Routine is the answer to everything!
3. Wear your favourite outfit or treat yourself to a new look. It’s totally okay to pamper yourself and to feel good during these uncertain times. That’s why I have selected 6 looks for you that will add variety and colour to your life, while boosting your self-confidence.
– Housewife Holly? This Beth Chambray Pinafore Dress is your BFF! A flattering A-line style made of denim-blue cotton, she is the perfect answer to the age-old “what am I going to wear today?” question. She can be worn with or without a top layered underneath, giving you the versatility you need and plenty of looks to choose from. Match with a pair of low block-heel sandals and a hair band for a look as delicious as the apple pie you’re baking in the kitchen while wearing this stylish little number. ;-).
– SuperMom Sadie? Many mums are currently working from home while taking care of their kid(s) fulltime. I see you, heroes! Staying at home with your kids and trying to entertain them all day long can be quite a challenge. One thing you definitely need to make things a little easier is a comfortable outfit, like this Casey Jumpsuit with her adorable floral print. Matching the comfort of loungewear with the looks of a breathtakingly beautiful jumpsuit, she is a dream come true. If you’re a mum caring for a new-born baby, you should know that she is the PER-FECT outfit choice for when you’re breastfeeding! Match with fun earrings and flats for a carefree day of strutting your stuff… uhm running after your kids.
– Gardener Gwyneth? Spring is in the air, the sun is finally showing its face again and with all that’s going on, you might have plenty of time on your hands. So why not use some of that time to summer proof your garden or balcony?! Of course, you won’t be out there in your old sweatpants, but you’ll be wearing these Kelsie Sunflower Shorts. The stretchy fabric ensures a super comfy fit, while she is also super cute to look at thanks to her detachable suspenders and fabulous print. Pair with a white T-shirt, white ballerina sneakers and a hat to protect your head from the sun and you are ready to (not) go!
– Office babe Oleen? I know from experience that even if you’re working from home, you don’t need to wear pyjamas all day long. Instead you could wear this Gabrielle Gingham Wiggle Dress to embrace your inner power woman (and your curves, of course). Trade your slippers for a pair of patent leather pumps and complete your look with some earrings. Unstoppable in 3…2…1…
– Party Penelope? Ain’t no party like a party on your own at home! Every day is THE perfect day for a party and of course you’ll be wearing this Jemima Polka Dot Swing Dress! A flowy dress that makes you want to move your dancing feet, featuring colourful confetti and a light stretch for a lovely fit. Match with coral pumps, wear a flower in your hair, put some music on and party like you’ve never partied before!
– Romantic Rosalie? Ooh la la! Create a romantic dinner atmosphere and match this Sasha Plain Fishtail Pencil Dress, made of a lipstick-red bengaline fabric, with black pumps and earrings. Want to lift this Romantic Rosalie to a new level? Wear the dress with this lovely set by What Katie Did. For all the single ladies out there: this set is also great for watching your favourite TV show while you’re snuggled up under a fleece blanket and enjoying a tub of ice cream. Trust me ;-).
4. Trade your messy bun for some stylish curls and put on some make-up. Of course, there is nothing wrong with a messy bun, but it’s always fun to do your hair and make-up even if you’re staying in. You could even experiment with a whole new look. You can find many great tutorials online or you could leaf through some vintage hair and make-up styling books for some inspiration.
5. Take a picture of your favourite ‘’Stay Fabulous At Home’’ look and share this picture in the Retro Lovers Facebook group or on Instagram using #fashionemergencysolved #stayfabulousathome. We are stronger together!
Are you wondering about my favourite look? My days working from home are spent sitting at my computer while enjoying a fresh smoothie and some homemade brownies, OH and wearing this stunning Casey Jumpsuit in a gorgeous petrol-blue hue… love it! Thanks to her stretchy, slinky fabric, she is just as comfy as her floral sister mentioned earlier.
Time for me to get on with enjoying my look ;-). Make sure you check out the new page every day… that’s where you’ll find all the new arrivals that my co-workers and I add to our online collection every day. Stay healthy and fabulous, darlings!