Tips for a perfect vintage picnic
When the sun is shining, what could be more fun than to go outside and eat? Yes, it’s picnic time! These tips will help you organize the perfect vintage picnic. So… pack everything into your basket and let’s go!
Vintage look and feel
Your vintage picnic will get off to a great start with a pretty blanket, a vintage picnic basket and cheerfully coloured (reusable) tableware. Another great tip: use a stack of vintage suitcases as a table. And if your car is roomy enough, you can also bring some pillows and sheepskins. Picnic perfection!
Vintage inspired outfit
Okay, you can’t go to a picnic without donning a gorgeous swing dress with a comfy fit. Complete your look with sandals and catchy sunglasses. Ooh, it’s also a great idea to wear a large vintage hat. After all, a sunstroke is the last thing you need. 😉
Food is life
That brings us to the most important part; the food! When it comes to a picnic simplicity is key. Prep the food at home, to save yourself a lot of trouble and mess. Why not try these tasty, but oh so easy to make picnic treats?
- Strawberries dipped in chocolate (keep these in the cooler) ;-))
- A pitcher of sangria with fruit
- Sliced French baguette with a choice of tapenades
- Fruit salad
- Savoury mini wraps
- Homemade egg salad
- Pancakes with jam (serve cold)
- Pasta pesto salad with chicken
- Fruit water, for example infused with watermelon, lemon and mint
- Peach pie
Can’t wait to tuck in? Neither can I! 😀
Let the games begin
After you’ve enjoyed this delicious food, it’s time for some fun and games. Here are some ideas for you:
- Twister; a game guaranteed to get the fun started on the right (or left) foot (especially after two glasses of that delicious sangria ;-)).
- A game of cards; never a dull moment! Especially with these cute cards with cats.
- A beach ball: simple and so much fun!
- Dice games like this ‘Five of a kind game’. And so easy to take with you wherever you go. Double ‘win’. 😉
Of course, you shouldn’t chase all the birds away, but bringing a portable speaker for a bit of background music really sets the scene for your vintage picnic. And a playlist of vintage summer songs helps to create the perfect mood. Do you own a portable record player? Even better! Or maybe your lover is a real guitar god… bring on that romantic serenade!
Having a picnic is the perfect opportunity to spend some quality time together, so make sure you leave your smartphone at home. Still want to capture the moment? Keep the vintage theme going and bring a polaroid camera. With all the delicious treats and the pretty accessories, the stage is set for a picture-perfect moment. Say, cheese!